09 January 2010

Living without expectations

Today i got a nice, big taste of why Yoga teaches us to live without expectations...

I went into the Yoga studio bright & early this morning to work my 7:30 am -11:00 am desk shift with the expectation of then taking the 11:00 am Power Yoga class. I had been so looking forward to this class. My body was just craving an strenuous, steamy, & challenging Yoga practice. Instead, no one showed up to work the next shift so, I gave up practicing my asanas to stand at the desk for another hour and a half. What made it worse was that every other employee I encountered this morning on their way into classes seemed to know that this other person was not going to show up. I couldn't help but feel slightly taken advantage of & dreadfully disappointed that I wouldn't be able to get my vinyasa on. It was like experiencing Yoga withdrawal!

Regardless, Living Yoga lesson of the day learned: When you live WITH expectations you are only setting yourself up for disappointment, resentment & sadness. You can't be let down when you expect nothing & live each moment as it comes.

Namaste Yoga loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment