18 February 2010

Gretchen the Yoga Teacher!

Yesterday I took the first step towards officially becoming a certified Yoga teacher when I (very excitedly) made my deposit for Jonny Kest's 20-hour teacher training weekend. Granted, once I complete this 20-hour training I will still have a ways to go (you know, just a measly 180 or 480 hours...) to obtain my full Yoga teacher certification. Regardless, this is a very exhilarating step for me in my journey towards becoming a Yoga teacher because once I have these initial 20 hours under my belt, I will be allowed to teach in some studios & can therefore gain direct, hands-on experience leading others through their Yoga practice. My hope is that, as I hone my teaching skills in these classes, I will be able to help other students find that place within themselves where Yoga becomes more than a cardio-intensive, glute shaping work out. I would love for everyone to find the place where their Yoga comes to life! If I'm able to make half the impression my incredible teachers have made on me, I'd love to have students coming to my classes because they know they're not only going to leave class drenched in sweat, but also with a calmer mind, the ability to breathe through trying situations, & a more peaceful, positive, & loving disposition. I feel that becoming a Yoga teacher & helping others find that sense of equilibrium between the body, mind, & spirit through practice of the asanas is a true honor.

I am absolutely beaming with happiness right now & cannot wait for my training weekend to begin!

Peace & Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment